Sunday, January 13, 2013

a week full of joy.

I've been feeling more awake this week, and no, it's not the result of some crazy vitamin supplement or exercising more. It was simply a conscious decision to be more aware. To read more. To focus on all of the little blessings that come with being alive. So here's a summary of my week.


Winter trees. My roommate, Mimi, is obsessed with them, and ever since she mentioned her love of them to me, I have fallen in love too. There were a few blustery, winter days this week, and the trees were so perfect on those days. 


Draw on tattoos. Mimi and I have talked about getting tattoos forever. The permanency is a little scary, but she got this cute little kit from her parents for Christmas, and we decided to test out some ideas we had. 



Friday was absolutely beautiful. Certainly an unusually warm January day, but the winter blues were getting to me a little bit, so it was a very welcome surprise. 


Mexican food at Cantina Laredo. I went to dinner with my friends Alexis and Heather, mostly to try this skillet apple pie they were raving about. It was pretty delicious. And so was the guacamole. I'm a sucker for anything Mexican. 


After volunteering Saturday morning with my favorite small group in the world, I called Alexis and asked if I could nap at her house for a bit because I was exhausted. She is wonderful and said of course without even thinking I was weird. And then when I woke up, she had made double chocolate chip cookies. Talk about a great friend. 

I'm off to church in a bit, and I can't wait to see all of the amazing people there. I love, love, love my small group and am always so excited to get to spend Sunday evenings with them. I'm leading group this week because our fearless leaders, Greg and Katy, are both at a show tonight, so I'm a teensy bit nervous, but so glad for the opportunity. Wish me luck! 



"Be joyful always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


No comments:

Post a Comment